Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Willie E. Meglone of Ohio 1 May 1868- ?

I have just come across another possible Meglone line after trying out the beta search at FamilySearch.org. I came across a listing for a Willie E. Meglone who was born in Townsend, Huron, Ohio on 1 May 1868. This is the first time I have come across this line and was very intrigued when I saw the name of Willie's father - Lewis Meglone!

Could this be a separate Lewis from all of the Lewis/Louis' we already have documented, or could this possibly be one of ours? How common was this name during that time period (especially for possibly unrelated Meglone lines)? I will have to do some more digging because this really has me wondering if this Lewis might be the father of Sam and Louis of Lexington and Paris, KY. Their father supposedly died in Kansas City just prior to the Civil War, and it is thought that maybe he either died in an accident or of illness while working for the railroad. I don't think there is any definitive proof of his death or where he may have been buried. His wife was Lucretia Taylor of Lexington. Wouldn't his body have been sent home by the company he worked for if he died away from home while working for them?

The Lewis who was the father of Willie E. was apparently married to Annie M. Huntley. Now I need to do some more digging on these folks and see if they stayed in Ohio or if they may have had ties to Kentucky.

Please feel free to post a reply if you have any info on this family line.

No comments:

Post a Comment